Onwards & upwards!
Following a rollercoaster first year of trading, The Boatyard container market in Cobh has just been relaunched over the weekend, showcasing five brand new businesses.
The Boatyard, owned and managed by Cobh resident Rob Coughlan, now includes eight independent businesses offering six food outlets, a beauty salon chair rental business and a tattoo parlour.
In addition to its original containers, ROAST Coffee, Hook’d Fish and Chips and Hansum Rotisserie chicken, the five new containers at The Boatyard include:
- Harbour Burger – A brand new burger container, created by top Cork chef’s Vinicius Almeid and Rob Coughlan. Juicy beef patties made with the highest quality beef sourced from Tom Durcan Meats, topped with a variety of tasty ingredients.
- Milis – Bringing a sweet touch to the market, Milis, the Irish word for sweet, does not disappoint. Sarah O’ Driscoil brings crumble pots to The Boatyard along with the highest quality local ice cream and sweets
- Roberto’s Pizza – Rob Coughlan and Sarah O’ Driscoil are bringing a little piece of Italy to The Boatyard with their pizza napoletana made with the freshest local ingredients that makes for the best pizza in Cobh.
- Samisa Beauty – Is Rob Coughlan’s new creation for Nail Technicians and Eyelash Specialists to come rent out a salon chair and provide customers with beauty services while overlooking the water.
- The Black Poppy Tattoo Parlour – Jake and Barbra Stahlecker have created a stunning tattoo parlor at The Boatyard with a unique waterside location. This is the pair’s second location in Cork.
To celebrate the summer relaunch, The Boatyard hosted a special event over the weekend with special promotions, music and face painting and children’s games.
Commenting on the relaunch, Rob Coughlan, Owner and Director of The Boatyard mentions:
“Our first year in business has been a rollercoaster and we are now looking forward to moving onwards and upwards with the addition of our five new containers. The Boatyard brings something fresh to Cobh, where friends and family can relax, socialize and enjoy some top quality food in an ideal waterside location. We have listened to our customers’ feedback and are delighted to be offering three new food options as well as our exciting new concept beauty and tattoo containers.”
Rob regularly keeps his followers up to date on Tiktok and Instagram about the costs of running the businesses, to setting them up as well as breaking down the costs on things like cups of coffee.
To find out more about The Boatyard and the range of food outlets available, visit their social media pages @theboatyardcobh on TikTok and Instagram.