With a special appearance by the iconic Drag Queen Mia Gold
Get ready to sizzle as summer draws to a close with a charity event that promises to be the talk of the town!
The Barbie-themed afternoon party will take place on Sun 20th August in the Carrigaline Court Hotel and it’s set to be the ultimate glam extraveganza. Event organiser Christine Duff will host a delightful twist to the classic afternoon tea experience, which promises to be unforgettable celebration of creativity, inclusivity, and fabulousness, complete with a dazzling drag queen host that will leave you utterly captivated.
The event is part of a bigger charity drive that is happening locally as part of the Carrigaline Come Strictly 2023, which is raising funds for several charities including Breast Cancer Ireland.
Christine, who will be taking part in the Strictly show herself in November, is very passionate about the impact she is making both with her charity work and coaching work. She is no stranger to adversity herself. Flipping her own diagnosis of MS in 2019, the single mother of two, returned to college and received an accredited diploma in life coaching with neuroscience which she now uses to help other people to raise their own resilience.
Christine, who will be co-hosting the event alongside Mia Gold, is also no stranger to the stage. Having delivered a Ted Talk and several events of her own, she is soon to join a popular TV show that is returning to our screens in the Autumn.
The aim of this party is to bring people together to have fun, gather some useful insights and inspiration to use in their own life as well as make new friends and leave feeling encouraged and energised.
So, whether you’re a die-hard Barbie fan, a drag enthusiast, or simply someone who loves a good time, this event promises something for everyone.
1. Barbie Photo Booth: From iconic pink accents to life-sized Barbie photo booth, this immersive experience will give you plenty of Instagram-worthy photo ops
2. Drag Queen Mia Gold: Get ready to be mesmerized by an exceptional showcase of talent as renowned drag queen, Queen Mia Gold takes centre stage for a very special performance. With the glamorous costumes, impeccable makeup, and awe-inspiring performances, Queen Mia Gold will bring an extra layer of magic to the event. From fierce lip-sync battles to stunning dance routines, prepare to be wowed
3. Best Dressed Barbie Contest: Come dressed as your favourite Barbie incarnation, be it Malibu Barbie, Astronaut Barbie, or even Mermaid Barbie. Strut your stuff on the runway and stand a chance to win exciting prizes
4. Pop Up Shops: A selection of beautiful pop up shops will be there on the day so you can have a shop around before the event festivities kick off
5. Deliciously Pink Refreshments: Indulge in a delectable array of pink-themed treats and refreshing beverages. Guest will enjoy a glass of prosecco on arrival and they will then be treated to an afternoon tea style array of sweet treats and tea/coffee
- Date: 20th August 2023
- Time: Doors Open at 3:00pm Event starts 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Location: Carrigaline Court Hotel, Carrigaline Cork
- Admission: Tickets available HERE
- Dress Code: Channel your inner Barbie or embrace your most fabulous self!
For further information or interviews – please contact Christine Duff 085 7531820