And it looks seriously Insta-worthy!
Sketch had its official launch party last weekend, and Craving Cork was lucky enough to get a first hand look at the action. The cocktail bar (which is part of the Imperial Hotel) located on Pembroke Street, has just undergone a complete exterior and interior redesign, and it’s giving us some serious Sex and the City vibes!
The interior was designed in partnership with Sandra Looney of ‘To Have and To Hold’ – Sandra worked hard to create an illusion of a contemporary night-time garden within the city, implemented through the use of colour and texture.
Tactile wicker recliners and verdant fresh planting are grouped throughout the cocktail bar, and a feature wall covered in lush foliage comes alive to make Sketch an Instagrammable space by day and giving an atmospheric edge by night (the giant neon sign also makes for a great photo op!)
In keeping with its name and local-first ethos, the exterior of Sketch was designed with original black and white sketches of iconic Cork buildings, created by local graphic designer Ethan Desmond. Keep an eye out for Ethan’s custom illustrations on the walls inside!
Just like the bar itself, the cocktails are also immaculate, created exclusively with Irish spirits paired with fresh local ingredients and garnishes, in keeping with the venue’s sustainability ethos to support local wherever possible. Check out our Craveourites:
- ‘Sketch Garden’ – Maharani Gin, Poachers tonic, lime, pear and mint
- ‘Princess Grace‘ – Ketel One Vodka, strawberries, Triple sec, Champagne syrup topped with Prosecco
There are 3 show-stopping smoked cocktails, including the Colreevy, which is made using Smoked Jameson Caskmates Whiskey, lemon & tonic with a splash of Tattinger Champagne, along with a long list of bespoke creations.
Good news if you’re a fan of espresso martinis, because they even have customisable espresso martini menu with a choice of gin, baileys, vodka, whiskey or poitín, and you can even purchase an invisible 0 calorie cocktail and make a €5 donation to Cork Simon or the Irish Guide Dogs.
The menu at Sketch boasts a selection of snack-able small plates and treats, like sticky sesame chicken wings, BBQ glazed pork ribs and ham hock croquettes.
They also have four incredible birdcage sharing platters, inspired by the English Market:
- Charcuterie: Tom Durcan’s Spiced Beef, Iberico Chorizo, Gubeen Salami, Prosciutto Crudo, Salami Milano, Kalamata Olives, Homemade Thyme & Sunkissed Tomato Focaccia
- Seacuterie: sushi, smoked salmon, chili & garlic prawns and Torched Bass with a trio of wasabi aioli, katsu dark soy and katsu mayo
- Cheesy: West Cork Gubeen, Cashel Blue, Ardsallagh Goats Cheese, Carrigaline Garlic & Herb, Grapes, Kalamata Olives, Artisa bmkiokujon Crackers, Plum Chutney
- Meaty: Franks Hot Sauce Wings, Fribbins BBQ Glazed Ribs, Southern Fried Tenders, Katsu Mayo, Hoi Sin Duck Spring Rolls, Harissa mayo
Craving something sweet? Sketch also has a Cafe Gourmad menu, which is a selection of small pastries served with either a hot beverage or cocktail of your choice.
Sound tempting? You can get the ‘Sketch And The City’ experience now over on Pembroke Street (just off South Mall) – no booking necessary as they operate on a walk-in basis only.